This Exchange Server tool can use to perform several tasks related to public folder management:
- Modify folder permissions on folders in the MAPI tree by using an interface similar to ESM on Exchange 2000/2003 which is not avail in E2007 prior SP1.
- Add, modify and remove ACEs
- Export and import folder permissions on public folders and mailboxes - this can be useful for some checking during maintenance.
- Export and import replica lists.
- Look for and remove item-level permissions in bulk.
- Exceed the limits imposed by the ESM user interface for values on the Limits tab.
- Display and modify folder properties in bulk.
- Modify the permissions of the Calendar folder in bulk.
Interesting? However, just a note. When Exchange 2007 SP1 is out, you may no need to think about this tool :) Do visit OCS 2007 launch this month. There is a session on Exchange 2007 SP1. However, in this article, we would like to share about the tool:When you lauch this tool, the below window will prompt. Key-in your Exchange Server and GC server name.
You will then be able to see the PF hierarchie. And there you go, performing the feature mentioned above.