In this session, we would like to share how to enable LCR, in Exchange 2007 Beta 2.
1. Launch Exchange Management Console.
2. In the Exchange Management Console, in the Navigation Pane, expand Microsoft Exchange, expand Server Configuration, and then select Mailbox.
3. In the Settings Pane, right-click
4. In the Enable Storage Group Local Continuous Backup Wizard, on the Introduction page, click Next.
5. On the Set Paths page, in the Local continuous backup log files locations dialog box, click Browse, and then select - the other drive for LCR
6. On the Set Paths page, in the Local continuous backup system files locations dialog box, click Browse, and then select - the other drive for LCR
7. Click Next to continue.
8. On the Mailbox Database 1 page, in the Local continuous backup Exchange database file path box, click Browse, and then select - the other drive for LCR
Note: Make sure that there is no path in front of Mailbox Database 1.edb in the File Name box. If there is re-navigate to - the other drive for LCR
9. Click Save
10. Click Next to continue.
11. Review the information on the Enable page and verify that the correct paths have been configured.
12. Click Enable to enable Local Continuous Replication for the storage group. After the storage group and databases have been enabled for LCR, click Finish to close the wizard.
To check on whether it is working:
1. Switch to Windows Explorer and navigate to the other drive for LCR
2. Examine the contents of the LCR
3. Make a note of the highest log file number; for example, E0100000006.LOG.
Thats easy. We will share on how to enable CCR and how to perform test on LCR and CCR.